October 2019 Prayer Requests
- With team members back from Summer home assignments, we’re ready to ramp up preparations for our two church plants, as well as outreach at the mother church. On the docket is an English Cafe ministry designed to introduce people to church who want to practice their English, and another round of hiking for church people and their friends!
- Pray for Jon’s continued preaching ministry. I’ve been preaching at the mother church monthly, and have mixed in two other churches as well.
- Please pray for church young peoples’ groups that I (Jon) am involved in. We have a college group, though we only have 1 or 2 college students at the moment, we’re hoping to have a place to invite seekers or returnees. Our other group is from College age to about 55 years old. This is a great group to allow younger Christians to get advice from less younger Christians on how to navigate Christian life in Japan, as well as just encouragement and growing in Christ together.
- Please pray for the two new church plant sites as we prepare for launches; MuKo has a building/parsonage in construction and will be ready in January, and in Azamino we have a young missionary couple building contacts for a not-too-distant church plant launch.
- Please pray for our family as we seek to balance homeschooling and ministry. Our goal is to homeschool the older two boys for 1-2 semesters, but we need to figure out what to do with schooling after that, as neither of our older two boys are comfortable returning to the local school (one of them dealt with constant bullying). Pray that God would settle us in a good living situation where we can continue the ministry he puts before us.
September 2019 Prayer Requests
- After a hot summer school has started again for the boys. Aki and Leon have switched to home school for the rest of the year, as we realized Aki was dealing with being bullied at school and it was taking a toll on him. We’re praying through future options, but for now, it’s home school. Please pray with us that God would provide the right school situations for Aki and Leon. Hugo is enjoying his preschool.
- Please pray for church young peoples’ groups that I (Jon) am involved in. We’ve ran one younger college and careers meetings, and two older college and careers meetings this summer, and are planning an all-church nature hike in a few weeks. With some attrition in church attendance the past few years, we’re hoping to provide an easy way for people to re-connect. Pray for rebuilt relationships with past church attenders.
- Team members return from the States today and later this month, and with our whole team on the field we hope to ramp up ministry operations both in the mother church and at least one of the church plants in our project.
- Please pray for me as I preach! I’ll be giving my 8th message since arriving in Japan later this month, and while I really enjoy it, the Japanese message prep is a challenge.
July 2019 Prayer Requests
- Apologies for the long absence, praise the Lord, we made it to Japan! The kids are in school, ministry responsibilities have begun, and we are living in the apartment above the new ministry room.
- Praise the Lord for his provision! After facing significant financial needs in the past six months, we’ve seen God provide, and our support numbers are better than they’ve ever been, thanks for your prayers and partnership!
- Since arriving in Japan our family has been dealing with near constant health issues. Please pray for colds, fevers, and an array of other symptoms that stop us from going to school, church and other things. Due to family colds and flus Maki missed church five Sundays in a row in June and July, and another 2-3 in March, along with a few others. I (Jon) even missed two in a row twice as well.
- Please pray for us as we think through some ministry ideas for the summer/fall seasons. With our second church location opening around the end of the year, we’re thinking through some programs to help the first location (mother church) with a revitalization effort. Programs that work well will most likely be used next year at the two church plant locations a few train stations away.